Kingston Trampoline Academy was founded in 2006 by Sarah Warren-Smith, a British Gymnastics Master Coach (in recognition of her work developing multiple Great Britain senior gymnasts).
Originally established as an elite club, the objective at Kingston Trampoline Academy was focused on developing world class athletes. This was clearly achieved between 2006-2013 with KTA gymnasts winning 8 World Age Group Championship medals (x5 Gold, x1 Silver, x2 Bronze) and 3 gymnasts on World Class Programmes.
Andrew and Michael Freeman - both Master Gymnasts, highly experienced and accomplished at world championship level competition - joined the business in 2011. They set out to emulate their success by enabling others to enjoy and be successful in trampoline gymnastics.
Soon after joining the Academy, classes for non-competitive students were offered, making it more accessible to a wider community. Between 2013-2018, the leisure part of the Academy grew steadily with significant successes accomplished and many gymnasts entering regional level events and some progressing into competitive teams.
Achievements have been significant in the athlete part of the Academy too, with so many members qualifying for regional and national finals, as well as competing at British Championships and two being selected for the English team.
The Academy has grown significantly since Andrew and Michael joined. By adding classes, locations and equipment, supported by many more coaches and staff, membership has quadrupled!
“The future looks bright. We’re focused on taking the Academy to new heights, so that more can enjoy the excitement of trampoline gymnastics.” – Andrew & Michael Freeman
Our beliefs and what we value here at Kingston Trampoline Academy.
Learn from the best
- We believe in learning from the best. It keeps us moving forward, continually improving what we do and how we do it
- This is vitally important if we are to be sustainably world class
- We believe in learning from the best in relevant disciplines outside of trampoline to help us make breakthroughs in our methods
- We believe that if something is done the right way from the start, then it will yield better outcomes in the future
- We believe in the value of taking the time to practice doing the right thing in the right way, so we’re able to exceed our expectations of our capabilities
- It’s a mindset that delivers high performance
Making each minute matter
- We believe in making the most of the time we have together
- It encourages the right focus in all we do and means we are prepared to maximise the time available
- In valuing this, we know that we are all likely to achieve more than we expected
Power of Team
- We believe in the power of instilling a sense of team in all we do
- We highly value the ethic of working and achieving together
- Together, we will achieve great things
- We believe in the power of partnership between coach – gymnast – parent
These values guide the principles and standards of how we operate and the way do things here at Kingston Trampoline Academy. It’s how we roll [!] and it makes us unique.
Kingston Trampoline Academy is run by Andrew and Michael Freeman and their team of qualified coaches. Andrew and Michael are both Master Gymnasts, highly experienced and accomplished at world championship level competition.
Academy coaches are all trained by British Gymnastics tutors and have valid coaching qualifications. We believe that our coaches, like our students, should always be learning and progressing. So, we have developed our own Kingston Trampoline Academy coach training programme.
This programme enables our coaches to attend classes, forums and have access to self-development resources. This demonstrates our commitment to provide trampoline gymnastics to the highest standard.
Academy coaches hold first aid qualifications and eligible staff, coaches and volunteers undergo an enhanced DBS check and attend Safeguarding and Protecting Children training regularly.
Kingston Trampoline Academy is a registered member of British Gymnastics (registration number: 69810) and hold their GymMark accreditation. GymMark recognises a safe, effective and child friendly environment. As a GymMark club we adopt all British Gymnastics policies and procedures in areas such as health and safety, child protection and coaching standards.
We are all focused on making this great activity engaging, enjoyable and successful for everyone, whether it’s within the context of a leisure activity or athlete training for sporting achievement.
Just some of the achievements at our Academy:
KTA gymnasts have won 8 World Age Group Championship medals (x5 Gold, x1 Silver, x2 Bronze), 3 gymnasts on World Class Programmes
Helped more than 2,500 members to enjoy trampoline gymnastics and make some lifelong memories
- Introduced recreational classes
- Quadrupled the number of gymnasts entering regional events
- Gymnasts progressing to our competitive teams
- 60+ qualify to represent London region
- 20+ qualified to the NDP National Finals
- Representatives at the British Championships
- Two gymnasts selected for the English team